Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Download
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Introduction
Your Avira product protects your computer against viruses, worms, Trojans, adware and spyware and other risks. In this manual these are referred to as viruses or malware (harmful software) and unwanted programs. The manual describes the program installation and operation.
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Product information
Avira products are comprehensive and flexible tools you can rely on to protect your computer from viruses, malware, unwanted programs and other dangers. Please note the following information:
Loss of valuable data usually has dramatic consequences. Even the best virus protection program cannot provide one hundred percent protection from data loss. Make regular copies (Backups) of your data for security purposes.
A program can only provide reliable and effective protection from viruses, malware, unwanted programs and other dangers if it is up-to-date. Make sure your Avira product is up-to-date with automatic updates. Configure the program accordingly.
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Installation and uninstallation
This chapter contains information relating to the installation and uninstallation of your Avira
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Installation types
During installation you can select a setup type in the installation wizard:
- The program files are installed into a default folder in C:\Program Files.
- Your Avira product will be installed with default settings. You have the option of defining custom settings using the configuration wizard.
- You can choose to install individual program components (see Chapter Installation and
- uninstallation > Installation modules).
- A target folder can be selected for the program files to be installed.
- You can disable Create a desktop icon and program group in the Start menu.
- Using the configuration wizard, you can define custom settings for your Avira product and initiate a short system scan that is performed automatically after installation.
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Pre-Setup
- Close your email program. It is also recommended to end all running applications.
- Make sure that no other virus protection solutions are installed. The automatic protection functions of various security solutions may interfere with each other.
- The Avira product will search for any possible incompatible software on your computer.
- If potentially incompatible software is detected Avira generates a list of these programs.
- It is recommended to remove these software programs in order not to endanger the stability of your computer.
- Select from the list the check boxes of all those programs that should be removed
automatically from your computer and click Next.
- You have to confirm manually the uninstallation of some programs. Select the
programs and click Next.
- The uninstallation of one or more of the selected programs requires a restart of
your computer. After rebooting the installation will continue.
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Installation
The installation program runs in self-explanatory dialog mode. Every window contains a certain selection of buttons to control the installation process. The most important buttons are assigned the following functions:
- OK: Confirm action.
- Abort: Abort action.
- Next: Go to next step.
- Back: Go to previous step.
Installing your Avira product: Start the installation program by double-clicking the installation file you have downloaded from the Internet or insert the program CD.
Overview of Avira Free Antivirus 2013
User interface and operation
You operate your Avira product via three program interface elements:
- Control Center: monitoring and controlling the Avira product
- Configuration: Configuring the Avira product
- Tray Icon in the system tray of the taskbar: Opening the Control Center and other functions
The Control Center is designed to monitor the protection status of your computer systems and control and operate the protection components and functions of your Avira product.
The Control Center window is divided into three areas: The Menu bar, the Navigation bar
and the detail window Status:
- Menu bar: In the Control Center menu bar, you can access general program functions and information on the program.
- Navigation area: In the navigation area, you can easily swap between the individual sections of the Control Center. The individual sections contain information and functions of the program components and are arranged in the navigation bar according to activity. Example: Activity PC PROTECTION – Section Real-Time Protection.
- Status: The Control Center opens with the Status view, where you can see at a glance, if your computer is safe, and you have an overview of the active modules, the date of the last backup and the date of the last system scan. The Status view also contains buttons for starting features or actions, such as starting or stopping the Real-Time Protection.
Starting and closing of Control Center
To start the Control Center the following options are available:
- Double-click the program icon on your desktop
- Via the program entry in the Start > Programs menu.
- Via the Tray Icon of your Avira product.
Close the Control Center via the menu command Close in the menu File or by clicking on the close tab in the Control Center.
Operate Control Center
To navigate in the Control Center
- Select an activity in the navigation bar.
- The activity opens and other sections appear. The first section of the activity is selected and displayed in the view.
- If necessary, click another section to display this in the detail window.
To process data or objects displayed in the detail window:
- Highlight the data or object you wish to edit. To highlight multiple elements (elements in columns), hold down the control key or the shift key while selecting the elements.
- Click the appropriate button in the upper bar of the detail window to edit the object.
Control Center overview
- Status: Clicking on the Status bar gives you an overview of the product’s functionality and performance (see Status).
- The Status section lets you see at a glance which modules are active and provides information on the last update performed.
- PC PROTECTION: In this section you will find the components for checking the files on your computer system for viruses and malware.
- The System Scanner section enables you to easily configure and start an on-demand scan. Predefined profiles enable a scan with already adapted default options. In the same way it is possible to adapt the scan for viruses and unwanted programs to your personal requirements with the help of manual selection (will be saved).
- The Real-Time Protection section displays information on scanned files, as well as other statistical data, which can be reset at any time, and enables access to the Overview of Avira Free Antivirus Avira Free Antivirus – report file. More detailed information on the last virus or unwanted program detected can be obtained practically “at the push of a button”.
- INTERNET PROTECTION: In this section you will find the components to protect your computer system against viruses and malware from the Internet, and against unauthorized network access.
- The Web Protection section displays information on scanned URLs and detected viruses, as well as other statistical data, which can be reset at any time and enables access to the report file. More detailed information on the last virus or unwanted program detected can be obtained practically “at the push of a button”.
- CHILD PROTECTION: In this section you will find the components to ensure a safe Internet experience for your children.
- SocialShield: From this section you will be redirected to the SocialShield access. SocialShield informs parents of their children’s activities online. It checks their social network accounts for comments, photos etc. that may influence the child’s reputation in a negative way or may indicate that the child is in danger.
- MOBILE PROTECTION: From this section you will be redirected to the online access for Android devices.
- Avira Free Android Security manages all your android-based devices.
- ADMINISTRATION: In this section you will find tools for isolating and managing suspicious or infected files, and for planning recurring tasks.
- The Quarantine section contains the so-called quarantine manager. This is the central point for files already placed in quarantine or for suspect files that you would like to place in quarantine. It is also possible to send a selected file to the Avira Malware Research Center by email.
- The Scheduler section enables you to configure scheduled scanning and update jobs as well as backup jobs and to adapt or delete existing jobs.
- The Reports section enables you to view the results of actions performed.
- The Events section enables you to view events generated by certain program modules.
You can define settings for your Avira product in the Configuration. After installation, your Avira product is configured with standard settings, ensuring optimal protection for your computer system. However, your computer system or your specific requirements for your Avira product may mean you need to adapt the protective components of the program.
Overview of configuration options
The following configuration options are available:
- System Scanner: Configuration of on-demand scan
- Action on detection
- Archive scan options
- System scan exceptions
- System scan heuristics
- Report function setting
- Real-Time Protection: Configuration of on-access scan
- Scan options
- Action on detection
- Further actions
- On-access scan exceptions
- On-access scan heuristics
- Report function setting
- Update: Configuration of the update settings, set-up of product updates
- Set-up of product updates
- Restart settings
- Proxy settings
- Web Protection: Configuration of Web Protection
- Scan options, enabling and disabling the Web Protection
- Action on detection
- Blocked access: Unwanted file types and MIME types
- Web Protection scan exceptions: URLs, file types, MIME types
- Web Protection heuristics
- Report function setting
- Threat categories for System Scanner and Real-Time Protection
- Application filter: Block or allow applications
- Password protection for access to the Control Center and the Configuration
- Security: block autostart function, complete system scan status display, product protection, protect Windows hosts file
- WMI: Enable WMI support
- Event log configuration
- Configuration of report functions
- Setting of directories used
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 System Scanner
With the System Scanner component, you can carry out targeted scans (on-demand scans) for viruses and unwanted programs. The following options are available for scanning for infected files:
- System scan via context menu
The system scan via the context menu (right-hand mouse button – entry Scan selected files with Avira) is recommended if, for example, you wish to scan individual files and directories. Another advantage is that it is not necessary to first start the Control Center for a system scan via the context menu.
- System scan via drag & drop
When a file or directory is dragged into the program window of the Control Center, the System Scanner scans the file or directory and all sub-directories it contains. This procedure is recommended if you wish to scan individual files and directories that you have saved, for example, on your desktop.
- System scan via profiles
This procedure is recommended if you wish to regularly scan certain directories and drives (e.g. your work directory or drives on which you regularly store new files). You do not then need to select these directories and drives again for every new scan, you simply select using the relevant profile.
- System scan via the Scheduler
The Scheduler enables you to carry out time-controlled scans.
Special processes are required when scanning for rootkits, boot sector viruses, and when scanning active processes. The following options are available:
- Scan for rootkits via the scan profile Scan for Rootkits and active malware
- Scan active processes via the scan profile Active processes
- Scan for boot sector viruses via the menu command Boot records scan… in the menu Extras
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Updates
The effectiveness of anti-virus software depends on how up-to-date the program is, in particular the virus definition file and the scan engine. To carry out regular updates, the Updater component is integrated into your Avira product. The Updater ensures that your Avira product is always up-to-date and able to deal with the new viruses that appear every day. Updater updates the following components:
- Virus definition file:
The virus definition file contains the virus patterns of the harmful programs which are used by your Avira product to scan for viruses and malware and repair infected objects.
- Scan engine:
The scan engine contains the methods used by your Avira product to scan for viruses and malware.
- Program files (product update):
Update packages for product updates make extra functions available to the individual program components. An update checks whether the virus definition file and scan engine are up-to-date and if necessary implements an update. Depending on the settings in the configuration, the Updater also carries out a product update or informs you of the product updates available. After a product update, you may have to restart your computer system. If only the virus definition file and scan engine are updated, the computer does not have to be restarted.
Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Viruses and more
Adware is software that presents banner ads or in pop-up windows through a bar that appears on a computer screen. These advertisements usually cannot be removed and are consequently always visible. The connection data allow many conclusions on the usage behavior and are problematic in terms of data security.
Your Avira product detects Adware. If the Adware option is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects adware.
Software that displays advertising or software that sends the user’s personal data to a third party, often without their knowledge or consent, and for this reason may be unwanted. Your Avira product recognizes “Adware/Spyware”. If the option Adware/Spyware is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects adware or spyware.
The term APPL, respectively application, refers to an application which may involve a risk when used or is of dubious origin. Your Avira product recognizes “Application (APPL)”. If the option Application is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such behavior.
In order to steal data or manipulate computers, a backdoor server program is smuggled in unknown to the user. This program can be controlled by a third party using backdoor control software (client) via the Internet or a network.
Your Avira product recognizes “Backdoor control software”. If the Backdoor control software option is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such software.
Certain services available in the Internet have to be paid for. They are invoiced in Germany via dialers with 0190/0900 numbers (or via 09×0 numbers in Austria and Switzerland; in Germany, the number is set to change to 09×0 in the medium term). Once installed on the computer, these programs guarantee a connection via a suitable premium rate number whose scale of charges can vary widely.
The marketing of online content via your telephone bill is legal and can be of advantage to the user. Genuine dialers leave no room for doubt that they are used deliberately and intentionally by the user. They are only installed on the user’s computer subject to the user’s consent, which must be given via a completely unambiguous and clearly visible labeling or request. The dial-up process of genuine dialers is clearly displayed. Moreover, genuine dialers tell you the incurred costs exactly and unmistakably.
Unfortunately there are also dialers which install themselves on computers unnoticed, by dubious means or even with deceptive intent. For example they replace the Internet user’s default data communication link to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and dial a costincurring and often horrendously expensive 0190/0900 number every time a connection is made. The affected user will probably not notice until his next phone bill that an unwanted 0190/0900 dialer program on his computer has dialed a premium rate number with every connection, resulting in dramatically increased costs.
We recommend that you ask your telephone provider to block this number range directly for immediate protection against undesired dialers.
Your Avira product can detect the familiar dialers by default.
If the option Dialers is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if a dialer is detected. You can now simply delete the potentially unwanted 0190/0900 dialer. However, if it is a wanted dial-up program, you can declare it an exceptional file and this file is then no longer scanned in future.
Double Extension Files
Executable files that hide their real file extension in a suspicious way. This camouflage method is often used by malware.
Your Avira product recognizes “Double Extension Files”. If the option Double Extension files is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such files.
Also known as “scareware” or “rogueware”, it is a fraudulent software that pretends that your computer is infected by viruses or malware. This software looks deceptively similar to professional antivirus software but is meant to raise uncertainty or to scare the user. Its purpose is to make the victims feel threatened of imminent (unreal) danger and to make them pay to eliminate it. There are also cases when the victims are lead to believe they were attacked and they are instructed to carry out an action, which in reality is the real attack.
Your Avira product detects scareware. If the option Fraudulent software is enabled with a check mark in the configuration Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such files.
There is a place for computer games – but it is not necessarily at work (except perhaps in the lunch hour). Nevertheless, with the wealth of games downloadable from the Internet, a fair bit of mine sweeping and Patience playing goes on among company employees and civil servants. You can download a whole array of games via the Internet. Email games have also become more popular: numerous variants are circulating, ranging from simple chess to “fleet exercises” (including torpedo combats): The corresponding moves are sent to partners via email programs, who answer them.
Studies have shown that the number of working hours devoted to computer games has long reached economically significant proportions. It is therefore not surprising that more and more companies are considering ways of banning computer games from workplace computers.
Your Avira product recognizes computer games. If the Games option is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects a game. The game is now over in the truest sense of the word, because you can simply delete it.
Jokes are merely intended to give someone a fright or provide general amusement without causing harm or reproducing. When a joke program is loaded, the computer will usually start at some point to play a tune or display something unusual on the screen. Examples of jokes are the washing machine in the disk drive (DRAIN.COM) or the screen eater (BUGSRES.COM).
But beware! All symptoms of joke programs may also originate from a virus or Trojan. At the very least users will get quite a shock or be thrown into such a panic that they themselves may cause real damage.
Thanks to the extension of its scanning and identification routines, your Avira product is able to detect joke programs and eliminate them as unwanted programs if required. If the option Jokes is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, a corresponding alert is issued if a joke program is detected.
Phishing, also known as “brand spoofing” is a clever form of data theft aimed at customers or potential customers of Internet service providers, banks, online banking services, registration authorities.
When submitting your email address on the Internet, filling in online forms, accessing newsgroups or websites, your data can be stolen by “Internet crawling spiders” and then used without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
Your Avira product recognizes “Phishing”. If the option Phishing is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such behavior.
Programs that violate the private domain
Software that may be able to compromise the security of your system, initiate unwanted program activities, damage your privacy or spy on your user behavior and could therefore be unwanted.
Your Avira product detects “Security Privacy Risk” software. If the option Programs that violate the private domain is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such software.
Unusual Runtime Packers
Files that have been compressed with an unusual runtime packer and that can therefore be classified as potentially suspicious.
Your Avira product recognizes “Unusual runtime packers”. If the option Unusual runtime packers is enabled with a check mark in the configuration under Threat categories, you receive a corresponding alert if your Avira product detects such packers.
Post date : October 3rd, 2012 03:03 PM | Update date : January 11th, 2013 09:58 AM
- Cloud Based Antivirus 2013 download for window 8 – 7 FULL English latest version
- AVG Anti-Virus 2013 for Windows 8 Free Download
- Avira Free Antivirus 2013 for Windows 8 Free Download
- Panda Cloud Antivirus 2013 for Windows 8 Free Download
- avast! Free Antivirus 2013 for Windows 8 Free Download
- BEST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE 2013
- Security Software for PC Computer protection free 2013 Download
- Microsoft Security Essentials 2013 Download English 64bit Full Antivirus
- FREE Antivirus 2013 Download
- Avira Free Antivirus 2013 Download
- Kaspersky TDSSKiller 2013 Download
- Norton Internet Security Final 2013 Download
- Norton 360 Antivirus version 6.0 2013 download
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 2013 Download
- McAfee SiteAdvisor 2013 Download
- Best malware protection 2013 download
- SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition 2013 download english full
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2013 download english full security software
- Spybot search destroy 2013 download english
- ComboFix 3.0 2013 download
- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus 2013 Download english full
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 download english
- Trend Micro Titanium 2013 download english
- Avast Free Antivirus 2013 download english full version protection security virus removal virusscanner downloadable
- Norton Internet Security 2013 Download
- Norton AntiVirus 2013 Download
- Easylock mobile security 2013 download english
- AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013 Download
- AVG Remover 2013 Download
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2013 Download